Application Development Sins
Starting with this post I want to approach software development from a different perspective and present you with a slightly odd “ DOs and DON’Ts “ list. This is because I will take each of the 7 deadly sins and tell you how it applies to mobile programming and app development companies.
Unfortunately, many developers out there fall prey to Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Envy or Pride. This is something that we are definitely trying to avoid here at Developers Global especially since, interestingly enough, some of these sins may even prove to have beneficial aspects to them. It is all a matter of approaching the subject from the right angle and if you don’t know how to go about this, the “DO“ will quickly turn into a “DON’T“. But enough talk, let’s talk about the first sin and how it influences software development companies.
In the IT world, this sin is best characterized by a company’s will to have their clients lust over their products. Initially, this may seem like a good thing and I won’t deny that it can return good short term results. In order to have your clients lust for your products you will have to offer perfection time and time again and while impeccable software development is one of our main goals, we are also doing our best to avoid the downfall that constant perfection seeking can bring.
For example, many companies make the mistake of trying to endlessly perfect their products and end up taking so long that by the time they’re finished, they come out with an outdated product made obsolete by other slightly flawed but highly innovative ones. A lot of times innovation beats perfection so knowing what to focus on is key within this environment.
- Development Sins – 2 Gluttony Today I want to continue my list of the Seven Deadly Sins of software development by taking a look at the second one, Gluttony and seeing how it relates to the creation of applications and websites.
- Development Sins – 3 Greed It’s a new week and that means it’s time to take a look at the next deadly sin of software development, and this time we’ve got a really serious one on our hands: Greed.
- Development Sins – 4 Sloth This week we’re going to take another in-depth look at one of the 7 deadly sins and try to understand how it can affect software development.
- Development Sins – 5 Wrath Today I realized that this week is almost over and we’ve yet to take a look at another deadly sin and see how it applies to software development. Today we take a look at the penultimate one, Envy, which unfortunately is ubiquitous in software development, regardless of branch.
- Development Sins – 6 Envy Just two more and we have our complete list of Deadly Application Development Sins. Today we take a look at the penultimate one, Envy, which unfortunately is ubiquitous in software development, regardless of branch.
- Development Sins – 7 Pride This week’s post concludes our list of the seven deadly application development sins and the last one is what I consider to be the most serious of them all: Pride.