Application Development Sins
This week’s post concludes our list of the seven deadly application development sins and the last one is what I consider to be the most serious of them all: Pride. Just like all the other sins, pride can also be identified at the root of many problems and wrongdoings and it can definitely be found lurking around in the software development branch also.
Now, when it comes to this sin in particular there is no doubt that more or less we all have it in us so it’s just a question of how much it will affect us and the outcome of our work. Still, this is not the main reason why Pride is regarded as the most dangerous sin on the list. The real problem, and many fail to see this, is that this sin in particular is the incentive for all the other six.
Go through all of them from top to bottom and you will quickly understand that you’re actually reading various manifestations of pride. On the other hand, when it comes to software development in particular this sin usually leads to overconfidence and a “know-it-all” attitude which is the worst thing that can happen to a programmer or a development company in terms of advancements and continuous improvement.
Well, this pretty much sums up our list of application development sins so in conclusion I just want to add that since we are aware of these dangers, we make sure to stay clear of them and completely exclude them from our practices.
- Development Sins – 1 Lust Starting with this post I want to approach software development from a different perspective and present you with a slightly odd “ DOs and DON’Ts “ list.
- Development Sins – 2 Gluttony Today I want to continue my list of the Seven Deadly Sins of software development by taking a look at the second one, Gluttony and seeing how it relates to the creation of applications and websites.
- Development Sins – 3 Greed It’s a new week and that means it’s time to take a look at the next deadly sin of software development, and this time we’ve got a really serious one on our hands: Greed.
- Development Sins – 4 Sloth This week we’re going to take another in-depth look at one of the 7 deadly sins and try to understand how it can affect software development.
- Development Sins – 5 Wrath Today I realized that this week is almost over and we’ve yet to take a look at another deadly sin and see how it applies to software development. Today we take a look at the penultimate one, Envy, which unfortunately is ubiquitous in software development, regardless of branch.
- Development Sins – 6 Envy Just two more and we have our complete list of Deadly Application Development Sins. Today we take a look at the penultimate one, Envy, which unfortunately is ubiquitous in software development, regardless of branch.